The variability in the processes of the companies, make that at any moment there could a deviation from the requirement to be fulfilled. The “defect” can be become manifiest in any moment.
The companies for this reason, must have their staff train with the methodological tools, to be able to face the problem at any time. This workshop is aimed at training people in the use of tools for problem solution under the approach “Kepner Tregoe”.
Develop the skills to be able to handle a methodological approach that allows systematically to identify the root causes of organizational problems and prevent their reoccurrence.
At the end of this seminar the participants will:
- Learn a methodology to be able to evaluate the situation of deviation that appears between the wished thing and the current thing.
- Know a methodology to be able to prioritize problems.
- Know how to use a technique based on the “Kepner Tregoe” approach to identify the root causes of problems.
- Understand the steps to prevent the occurrence of future problems.
Structure of the Program
Methodological Tools to Use:
- Class dynamics: Explicit presentation of the content and the conceptual and technical aspects associated with each topic in PowerPoint format.
- Case Analysis and Reading Distribution: The conceptual explanations will be combined with the analysis of practical cases.
- Simulation games: Simulation games will be used that will replicate real situations in companies when trying to analyze the causes of problems.
Description of the Program Structure
>Fundamentals for Problem Analysis
- What is a problem.
- “Kepner Tregoe” methodological approach to solve problems.
- Evaluation of the situation.
- Analysis of the problem.
- Decision making and identification of potential problems.
- Description of what constitutes a deviation of requirements.
- Case: Analysis of a Situation.
>Methodological Process for the Analysis of Problems
- Project for problem management.
- Roles and responsibilities in the project.
- Design of the project.
- Important milestones in the problem-solving methodology.
- Technique to conform the members of the team.
- Controls for project management.
- Case: Organization for the solution of problems.
>Methodology for Problem Solution
- Description and definition of the problem.
- Description based on facts the problem: what, where, when, and extension.
- What it is and what it is not: identify particular characteristics of the problem.
- Identification of critical changes that could cause the problem.
- Identification of the root cause of the problem.
- Validation of root causes.
- Case: Use of the methodology to identify root causes.
Organization to Implement Corrective Actions
- Organization of the project for the implementation of corrective actions that solve root causes.
- Conformation of the team in charge of corrective actions.
- Use of the systematic diagram to identify corrective actions.
- Decision making matrix to prioritize solution options.
- Design of the implementation plan for corrective actions.
- Plans to avoid reoccurrence.
- Case: Managing a corrective action project.
Each participant receives reading materials containing the presentation and complementary readings. This material will become a guide for the management of a project for the identification of root causes and their solution, in a certain company.
9:00 AM a 5:00 PM
16 hours (Two consecutive days)