Risk is inherent to organizational performance. At any time, it can be revealed, often becomes an obstacle to the achievement of organizational goals. The risk from the perspective of ISO 31000: 2009, is defined as: “the effect that causes uncertainty in the achievement of objectives”.
Companies to increase their profitability, increase their competitiveness and improve their productivity, must know how to identify the risks in each function of the organization, know how to assess it, obtain and understand how to establish a risk treatment plan to be able to mitigate them.
The workshop is based on the principles and methodology for risk management, from the perspective of ISO 31000:2009. Emphasis will be placed, as a complement, on ISO 31004:2013, to understand how is established in an organization ISO 31000:2009.
Develop the skills to understand and manage a risk management system in a certain company.
At the end of this seminar the participants will:
- Learn a methodology to be able to carry out an analysis and evaluation of risk.
- Identify and minimize potential losses caused by threats and vulnerabilities.
- Know how to design and control a risk treatment plan.
Structure of the Program
Methodological tools to use:
- Class dynamics: Explicit presentation of the content and the conceptual and technical aspects associated with each topic in PowerPoint format.
- Case Analysis and Reading Materials: The conceptual explanations will be combined with the analysis of practical cases that will deepen the different aspects treated.
- Simulation games: Simulation games will be used that will replicate real situations in companies when trying to manage risk.
Description of the Program Structure
>Fundamentals of Organizational Risk
- What is risk: definitions.
- Principles of ISO 31000:2009
- Framework for work ISO 31000:2009.
- The management systems and their relation to risk.
- Threats and vulnerabilities.
- Risk assessment process according to ISO 31000:2009.
- Case: Management of risk principles.
>Organization to Start a Risk management Project
- Project design for risk management in a company.
- Roles and responsibilities.
- Skills required to perform the risk assessment.
- Organizational location of the risk management area.
- Risk assessment process.
- Monitoring and review of risk.
- Case: Organization for risk management.
- Techniques for risk identification.
- Establishment of the context of the risk management process.
- Definition of risk criteria.
- Risk assessment: analysis and evaluation of risk.
- Estimation and prioritization of risk.
- Identification of risk appetite.
- Case: Risk assessment.
- Risk treatment process.
- Selection of risk treatment options.
- Preparation and review of risk treatment plans.
- Monitoring and registration of risk treatment plans.
- Management of the registry of the risk management process.
- Risk modification.
- Case: Risk treatment plan.
Each participant will receive a reading material that will contain the presentation and the complete documentation prepared by the facilitator for the activity. This material will become a guide to implement risk management system in a specific company.
9:00 AM a 5:00 PM
16 hours (Two consecutive days)