Tool for Cause Analysis
With the inherent variability that processes have in companies, the occurrence of incidents and / or non-conformities is something random that can happen at any time.
Organizations should prepare with the tools required to quickly start the process of identifying root causes. Once root causes are identified, companies must have the ability to initiate corrective action implementation projects, which allows them to avoid the future reoccurrence of defects/incidents. The root causes should have been identified and prevented from coming back.
In this workshop, the required techniques for an incident / nonconformity are presented, to help developing a cause-effect diagram that allows the identification of its root causes.
- Teach step-by-step how, a cause-effect diagram is build.
- How to proceed to identify root causes in a cause-effect diagram.
- Understand how corrective actions are identified to overcome root causes.
The participant at the end of the workshop, will have developed the following skills:
- Understand how with the application of specific techniques (affinity diagram, relations diagram), are able to construct a cause-effect diagram.
- Know how to design corrective actions to eliminate the root causes of a defect/incident.
- Understand how a cause analysis project is structured.
Structure of the Program
Methodological tools to use:
- Explicit presentation of the subject matter and the conceptual and technical aspects associated with each topic in Powerpoint format.
- Simulation games: Simulation games are used to replicate real situations in companies when trying to handle projects of root cause analysis.
Description of the Program Structure
>Cause Effect Diagram
- Nature and purpose of the cause effect diagram
- Developing a cause effect diagram,
- Uses of techniques: affinity diagram and relations diagram
>Interpretation of a Cause Effect Diagram
- Process for the verification of the cause diagram sequential logic.
- Method for identifying the root causes.
- Identification of the vital root causes.
>Methodology to Overcome Root Causes
- Use of the systematic diagram
- Means / ends structure
- Organization of the corrective actions implementation project.
Each participant receives reading materials containing the presentation and complementary readings. Participants receive a program in Excel that allows them to develop the cause-effect diagram.