With the variability that processes have in companies, the occurrence of incidents and / or non-conformities is something random that can occur at any time.
Organizations must be prepared with the required tools to be able to quickly start the process of identifying root causes. Once the root causes have been identified, the companies must have the ability to initiate corrective actions implementation projects, which allow them to avoid the future reoccurrence of the defects. The root causes should be identified and prevented from reoccurring.
In this workshop, the required techniques will be presented for an incident/nonconformity, to draw up a cause-effect diagram that allows to identify its root causes.
- Teach step by step how to make, a cause-effect diagram.
- Illustrate how to proceed in a cause-effect diagram to identify root causes.
- Understand how corrective actions are identified to overcome root causes.
The participant at the end of the workshop, will have developed the following skills:
- Understand how with the application of specific techniques (affinity diagram, relationship diagram), being able to develop a cause-effect diagram.
- Know how to design corrective actions to eliminate the root causes of a defect.
- Understand how a causality analysis project is structured.
Structure of the Program
Methodological Tools to Use:
- Class Dynamics: Explicit presentation of the content and the conceptual and technical aspects associated with each topic in PowerPoint format.
- Simulation Games: Simulation games will be used that will replicate real situations in companies when trying to analyze the causes of problems.
Description of the Program Structure
- Nature and purpose of the cause-effect diagram.
- Making a cause-effect diagram.
- Uses of techniques: affinity diagram and relations diagram.
>Interpretation of a Cause-Effect Diagram.
- Process for the verification of cause effect diagram logic.
- Method for identifying the root causes of a defect/incident.
- Identification of root causes.
>Methodology to Overcome Root Causes
- Use of the systematic diagram.
- Identification of the means/ends process.
- Organization of the corrective actions implementation project.
Each participant receives reading materials containing the presentation and complementary readings. Additionally, readings related to the subject will be given for reading purposes and/or subsequent consultation. Participants will receive a program in Excel that will allow them to develop the cause-effect diagram.